We built Insight to be as accessible as possible – in every way.
Software that’s compatible with your computer or mobile device. See below for details.
- Intel Atom Processor (or better)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10*
- 512 MB Ram (more is always better)
- 100 MB Free space on your hard drive
- 2.0 GHz Pentium Dual Core Processor (or better)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10*
- 2 GB Ram (more is always better)
- 250 MB Free space on your hard drive
*Windows Vista, 7, 8 or, 10 is required for PCI compliance.
Network Server Requirements:
- 2.6 GHz Pentium Dual or Quad Core Processor
- Windows 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2011 or Server 2012^
- 3 GB Ram (more is always better)
- 500 MB Free space on your hard drive
^Windows Server 2008, 2011, or 2012 is required for PCI compliance.
Server & Network Info
For fast, secure and reliable database access over small and large networks, we use server software called Advantage Database Server (ADS).
Heard of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server?
Take away the hefty price tag and complicated setup, and you’ve got ADS.
ADS can be installed in a matter of minutes and will work quietly in the background on your main server computer ensuring that Insight is running safely and optimally over your network…whether you have 2 computers or 200.
Advantage is licensed on a per computer basis and each license costs only $200. Compared to most of our competitors who are charging $300 or more for each computer, it is easy to see that choosing Insight with the Advantage Database Server for your network is a great bargain.
Before products like ADS, all of the computers on your network accessed your files at the same time so if one machine was turned off or rebooted while performing a task, the chances of file corruption were very high.
ADS removes this risk by allowing each computer to communicate with the ADS server individually. If a computer is restarted while Insight is running, your data is safe and secure because ADS is protecting it.
Since ADS is doing all of the work for each of the other computers, there is a lot less information to transmit to each computer over your network (cable or wireless). Insight is much faster when using ADS. Most networks slow down as you add more and more computers but ADS will be able to provide the same speed for both small and large networks.
Find out how an Insight network server can increase businesses productivity. Call 1-888-939-5917 or book a consultation.
*All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change. Please verify prices with your sales rep at the time of ordering. All sales are final.